Head of the Department
Prof. Varadaraju H R
Electronics & Communication Department
The Electronics and Communication (E&C) Engineering Department was established in the year 2009. The Department offers an Under Graduate program in Electronics and Communication Engineering and PG program in Digital Electronics and Communication.
The major goal of the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering is to produce highly knowledgeable, competent and resourceful young engineers who can perform well in a wide variety of job profiles. To achieve this, curriculum provides a strong foundation in both the analytic and technological aspects of E&C Engineering. It also provides ample opportunities to students to work on mini-projects and major-projects, develop communication skills, explore internship opportunities in industry and take part in national and international design contests.
The infrastructure in the laboratory is as per norms constituting DSP Lab, VLSI Lab , Embedded System Development and Controllers Lab with PCs of high configuration, connected with high speed Internet.
Vision of the Department
To produce technically qualified and practically well trained graduates in the field of Electronics and Communication engineering and to shape them into competent engineers capable of solving the societal problems through innovative services.
Mission of the Department
- To provide the need based technical education and encourage Research and development through industry interaction.
- To impart quality and value based education to raise satisfaction level of all stake holders & society.
- Encourage students to become self-motivated, problem solving individuals who can find and understand the knowledge needed to be successful in the profession.
- To establish Industry Partnership for mutually beneficial project execution.
- Bharathi N - M.Tech 1st Rank in digital Communication
- Pavan G S -- M.Tech 1st Rank in Signal Processing
- Miss.Niveditha student Secured Second rank in M.Tech
Co-Curricular and Extracurricular activities
The Electronics and Communication department organizes various co-curricular and extracurricular activities in the department like seminar, Quiz, Debate Pick and Speech, Paper Presentation, Hobby7 Project Exhibition and Seminar Competitions on every Friday afternoon session to motivate and boost the self confidence of students. ECE Students are actively involved in NSS and swatch Bharath program on every Saturday. Our students are winners and runners of various sports events.
- To achieve excellence in Technical Education
- To establish Research and development Centre.
- To conduct National and International conferences, Seminars and Workshops on Advanced Topics frequently on regular basis.
- To improve the percentage of placements.
- Course Duration: 4 years
- Total Credits: 100
- Student Capacity: Max 60 Students
- Class Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Class Time: 9.00 am - 4.00 pm
- Course Teachers: 08
Head of the Department
Prof. Varadaraju H R
The department of E & C has consistently maintained an exemplary academic record. The greatest asset of the department is its highly motivated and qualified faculty members ably supported by the technical staff. The motto of our department is to provide quality education, Encourage students to become self-motivated, develop problem solving individuals who can acquire the knowledge of modern software tools for analytical and problem solving ability needed to be successful in the profession. The students will be able to recognize the impact of engineering solutions on the society and an understanding of professional and social responsibility.
Excellent infrastructure and taching faculty of the best kind ensuring quality education along with interaction among students, parents, staff members, with the dynamic support of Training and Placement Cell ensures bright future to our students. Thus, we are confident that our Engineers will emerge as assets not only to this institution and to the organization they belong, but also to the country at large.
Research scholars in the department:
|Sl No||Faculty Name||Guide||University||Research Topic|
|1||Varadaraju H R||Dr.K.Senthil Kumar||Dr.M G R Educational and Research Institute||Reconfigurable Autonomous Modulation and Detection and Identification Using FPGA|
|2||Pradeep kumar B P||Dr Manjunath MB||Jain university||Framework of cost effective gesture recognition system|
|3||Suchithra NP||Dr K Vishwanath||VTU, Belagavi||Movement detection and emotion of patients|
|4||Mohan GK||Dr K Vishwanath||VTU, Belagavi||High gain planar antenna for pico and nano satellites|