Head of the Department
Computer Science Department
Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) department was established in the year 2009. Since its inception, the department has seen an exponential growth in terms of results and placements. The department offers both UG & PG programmes in Computer Science and Engineering with an intake of 60 and 18 respectively. Highly qualified, experienced and committed faculty members supported by the technical staff constantly train the students to achieve high academic standards.
The Department has state-of-the-art infrastructure and computing facilities supported by high speed internet. The department has taken initiative in generating the "Online Feedback using open source software" and generating E-Progress report. Technical programs like seminars, workshops and conferences are regularly organized in the department in which both the faculty and students actively participate.
Vision of the Department
To achieve proficiency in the field of Computer Science and Engineering by strengthening fundamental and advanced knowledge to meet the ever growing needs of the society.
Mission of the Department
- Providing a strong theoretical and practical background across the computer science discipline with an emphasis on software development.
- Empowering the youth in rural communities with computer education.
- Inculcating professional behavior, strong ethical values, innovative research capabilities and leadership abilities.
- Roopa T- Assistant professor received "Best paper award" in a National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Electronics, Communication and Computational Intelligence-ETEC 2013” held in between March 20th-22nd, 2013 at Vivekananda Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- To convert the department into a leading research center in specialized areas of Information Technology like IoT, Cyber security, Cloud computing, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Web Technology etc.
- To submit proposals to funding agencies for research and Modernization of Laboratories (MORDROB)
- To sign MOU with industries to get Industry Sponsored Projects and Internship, Training to Students
- To motivate faculty for Industry Interaction with objectives to get Sponsored Projects and Placement of Students.
All the students are encouraged to participate in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. Many students have won awards and prizes and brought laurels to the institute. Innovative projects carried out in the department have won the best project award in project exhibitions. Many students work outside the class hours in the pre-incubation centre of the institute for developing software and other apps. Some of the students have developed application software which have good commercial value.
The Department has an excellent placement track record with various companies visiting the institute for campus placement. More than 80% of the students are placed in various companies during the current academic year. Many more companies are expected to visit the institute for campus placement drive.
- Swathi S H- Participated in singing compitation held in between march 12th and 13th 2019 @ CIT college, Gubbi, and she got 3rd place.
- Bindushree C- Participated in Dance compitation held on March 13th 2019 @ CIT college, Gubbi.
- Bindushree C- Participated in Sports district level Throwball and Handball in 2018.
- Course Duration: 4 years
- Total Credits: 100
- Student Capacity: Max 120 Students
- Class Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Class Time: 9.00 am - 4.00 pm
- Course Teachers: 08
Head of the Department
Dr. Erappa G
Research scholars in the department:
|Sl No||Faculty Name||Guide||University||Research Topic|
|1||Er. Anupama T A||Dr. Guruprasad Professor,Dept. of CSE SSIT-Tumkur||VTU, Belagavi||Secure Key management framework for wireless sensor networks.|