Head of the Department
Prof. T.S.Nataraj Aradhya
Civil Engineering Department
The department of civil engineering was started in the year 2009 with an intake of 60 students and is in high demand since the beginning. The faculty members have the expertise in various branches of Civil Engineering. They take utmost care in teaching learning process and train the students to achieve high academic standards. Site visits and lectures from eminent persons are arranged to impart practical knowledge to the students so as to make them employable. Department conducts Engineers day and Branch Fests every year.
Seminars are conducted by students to upgrade knowledge in technological advancements. Students participate in Campus cleaning program as a part of Swatcha Bharath Abhiyaan. Training in the software ETABS is given to all the students of final year. Most of the students are employed in various companies and some of them also take up consultancy services. Some of the students also opt for higher studies abroad.
Vision of the Department
- To achieve excellent standards of quality education by keeping pace with rapidly changing technologies
- To create technical man power of global standards in civil engineering with capabilities of accepting new challenges.
Mission of the Department
- To impart quality education in civil engineering to raise satisfaction level of all stake holders.
- To serve society and nation by providing professional civil engineering leadership to find solution to community, regional and global problems and accept new challenges in rapidly changing technology.
- To create competent professionals who are trained in the design and development of civil engineering systems and contribute towards research and development activities.
Important projects being handled in the department
- Utilization of used plastic bottles as a replacement for conventional bricks.
- Estimation of Loss of fuels during idling of vehicles at junctions
- Seismic retrofitting techniques of high raise buildings.
- Course Duration: 4 years
- Total Credits: 100
- Student Capacity: Max 60 Students
- Class Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Class Time: 9.00 am - 4.00 pm
- Course Teachers: 08
- Surveying practice-1&2
- Basic material testing
- Applied engineering geology.
- Hydraulics & Hydraulics machinery
- Computer aided design
- Geo-technical engineering
- Concrete and highway material testing.
- Environmental engineering
T.S.Nataraj AradhyaM E structures (IISC)
A Warm and affectionate welcome to the Department of Civil Engineering of Akshaya Institute of Technology. Civil engineering has been an aspect of life since the beginnings of human existence, creating a need for the construction of shelter. It is a professional engineering Discipline that deals with the design, construction and maintenance of built environments like roads, bridges, dams, canals buildings, and infrastructure needed for the growth of a nation. Our country is a fast developing economy. Huge amount of investment is being made by the government and private sector for the creation of infrastructure. A large number of Civil engineers are needed to take up the task of building the infrastructure; hence there are great job opportunities for Civil engineers. Our department has a team of qualified, well trained, dedicated and experienced faculty members who work hard in imparting good and quality education to the students. Our Department conducts workshops, seminars, and guest lectures, site visits, to continuously upgrade the faculty and the students with the latest technology advancements. Also, to impart and upgrade professional communication skills to the students of our Department, English Communication skill training classes are conducted right from the beginning of the course. I am certain that our students will prove to be great civil engineers contributing to the growth of the nation and will be good citizens of our country.